• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 25, 2024, 07:56:55 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Rebel Barrel 2015; Czech Dark Lager

Started by mr hoppy, November 20, 2014, 10:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garry

Nice  8)

My hose connectors drip too. At least it's only the cooling water that will be leaking and not the wort.

LordEoin

That is a sweet looking chiller. I have to look into building a new one soon as mine sprung a leak :(

When are we thinking to fill that barrel so?

Lets do a roll call on what's fermenting/fermented :
Lord Eoin - 40L

johnrm

You could use rad-weld...

Lord Eoin - 40L
Johnrm - 20L (20L to do)

Garry

I transferred mine to secondary last night because it was sitting on the yeast for 3 weeks.

Lord Eoin - 40L
Johnrm - 20L (20L to do)
Garry 20L

raindogxx

Lord Eoin - 40L
Johnrm - 20L (20L to do)
Garry 20L
raindogxx - 20L to do

My chiller is sorted. The name brand fitting did the job. Just picking up some fuel today and I'll be ready for brewing tomorrow.

Jon

Dr Horrible

Lord Eoin - 40L
Johnrm - 20L (20L to do)
Garry 20L
raindogxx - 20L to do
Dr Horrible - 18L (sorry!)

I took my batch off the yeast at the weekend as well because I was thinking of trying to get another batch in but
I've moved out to a shed to brew and had a problem with my new 12V temp control system so can't commit to
doing another one just now, maybe if the parts I've ordered work I might be ok.
Took a sample when I transferred it and it's gorgeous, I don't normally like roasty flavours but this was lovely.

Garry

How does Friday 6th Feb suit everyone for the filling ceremony?

@Dr Horrible, what parts are you short? I might have something in stock!

LordEoin

January 21, 2015, 10:05:28 AM #82 Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:33:01 AM by LordEoin
Fridays aren't good for me, but I'll see what I can do.
I suppose I could take a half day and be up for about 4ish

Garry

I was thinking Friday evening/night time. How does Saturday (7th) afternoon suit everyone?

johnrm

johnrm

118l so far.
I will get another 20 on (I'll be murdered, but...)

We're still shy (Barrel volume - 138L) so 62l odd .

LordEoin

Friday evening should be fine. I'll just take a half day :)

I don't think I'd be able to put on another one,  I now have a pilsner brewing in one fridge, barrel lager2 brewing in the second and barrel lager1 out in secondary. I'm pretty much out of room and all out of suitable hops and lager/pilsner malt.

raindogxx

I thought I replied but I don't see it. Ops. I'm out of town until Wednesday, February 11th. If you want to go ahead without me no worries but if you want to add all of it at once It'll have to be anytime from Wednesday on. Sorry about that.

Jon

Dr Horrible

Pretty much any Friday evening or Saturday afternoon suits me fine, although it would probably be bad form to do something on Valentines day - double the loss in brownie points.
Garry, I'm doing some oddball stuff with my temp control system so not sure if you'd have any spares I'd need- I've moved my kit out to a shed where my only power supply is a 12V battery and I'm trying to get the temp control up and running.  I've wired up a 12V STC-1000 ok, and am reasonably ok on the cooling side of things, but I'm struggling on the heating side.  I had intended to use a standard 220V brewbelt with a DC-AC converter inline, but although this works fine when supplied directly from the 12V power source, the STC doesn't like it at all.  Thought it was pulling too high a current, so used a lower power converter but still the same, so I need a 12V heat source.  Been looking on Ebay for something that might suit and have just received a 3-D ceramic printer cable which should theoretically do the job if I can figure out how to wire it up - if not I'll have to get a heating mat or something like that.  Bit stuck for time during the week so if I can get it working on Saturday I might try to sneak in a brew on Sunday, but can't really guarantee anything.

johnrm

The AC/DC but should not matter. Did you test continuity through the relay?
How is the STC acting up?

Those solar pumps are 12v. Maybe consider a geothermal solution...