• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 21, 2024, 09:37:07 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Help out a Maiden City-er

Started by Tom, June 19, 2013, 10:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Hello Capital Brewers

I'm coming down to WJC's at the end of June, and I have to drive as I'm off to a gig later that evening. So, does anyone know what the craic is with parking all day on a Saturday in the area? I rarely enter Dublin, so know nothing about it. I did 'have a drive' on GoogleStreetview, but all the parking spaces were full.

Also, I'm not keen on getting clamped!

I'd like to say now that I'm looking forward to seeing WJCs that I've heard so much about, and thanks for any advice you offer below, and FINALLY, thanks for letting me hijack you homebrewclub board.

Tom

DEMPSEY

What's WJC, clamping in Dublin is very active with most of it going on in the centre and outer surrounding areas. When you are planning to park make sure it is in an OK place.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Tom

WJ Cavanagh's on Dorset St.

I presume they've signs then for areas that they clamp?
Cheers Dempsey.

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

That's Kavanagh's with a K  ;)

You will get clamped around there. The closest free parking I can think of is around Summer Hill. Not a brilliant area but then again, I have never had an issue.

If you want to pay, then Eccles street car park (Mater hospital) is your best bet.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

Padraic

I'd help but I don't drive so the concept of parking means nothing to me!

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Nice input there Padraic, now walk on back to your city centre home, stumbling distance from all the good pubs and keep out of things you don't understand  :P
Reuben Gray

Tom

Great help, thank you. So, final problems:

Will I be able to park on Sat, how much is it for the day, and how much traffic on Saturdays?

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

In that area, not much traffic on Saturdays.
You will be able to park without issue.

Mater car park is €15 per day and since it's a hospital, is 24 hours.
Reuben Gray

DEMPSEY

And just so you know,clampers do work 24 hours a day in the City. :'(
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

That's just so they can catch unwary taxi drivers  ;)
Reuben Gray

Tom

Lads, that's brilliant, thank you. Coming down from the hills gives me the heebies!

Maybe see you on the 29th.
Tom

Padraic

Quote from: Saruman on June 19, 2013, 02:32:29 PM
Nice input there Padraic, now walk on back to your city centre home, stumbling distance from all the good pubs and keep out of things you don't understand  :P

I always try my best to provide valuable input! I'm on the luas now, first time using wheels since Sunday....

CARA

TOM! I've a parking space at my house! It's handy as sin for the N2 coming into Dublin (just dont come the toll road) and about 15 min walk to Kavanaghs. I won't be working so I can be about when you get here and take you down.
Upa Sesh